Who we are
What is personal data?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come
into such possession. Examples of personal data we may hold about you include your contact and appointment details.
Who are we?
Nicole Higgins is the data controller at The Buyer and Retail Coach ltd; 3 Carr Mount off liley lane Huddersfield HD5 0PD . Tel :07766856276 Email: email@example.com.
This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
Whose information does this privacy notice apply to?
This privacy notice applies to information we collect from:
- Prospective clients
- Former clients
- Visitors to our website
What we collect and how
The type of information we collect about you include:
- Your name.
- Your email address.
- The purpose of your contact.
Data is collected when a user registers, purchases or uses our services, completed a contact form, a contract, signs up to a newsletter and/or answers and provides a completed questionnaire.
What we do with the information we collect.
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping; account set up and administration.
- To improve our services.
- To deliver marketing communications.
How do we process your personal data?
We comply with our obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use your personal data for the purposes set out above .We use your name, address, telephone number and email address along with any company documentation provided. This information is stored on Dropbox, which mean this data is transferred out of the EU to the US both covered by the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield. We are unable to send or receive encrypted emails so you should be aware that any emails we send or receive
may not be protected in transit. We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send us is
within the bounds of the law.
Website users (all data collected electronically)
When someone visits our website we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be upfront about this. We will
make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it. We use website cookies to improve the user experience of our website by enabling our website to ‘remember’ users, either for the duration of their visit – using a ‘session cookie’ – or for repeat visits – using a ‘persistent cookie’. Our website search is powered by WordPress. Search queries and results are logged anonymously to help us improve our website and search functionality. No user-specific data is collected by us or any third party. We use a third party service ithemes Security Pro and IP Geo Blocker to help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses of visitors to our website.We use a third-party service, WordPress, to host our website including publishing our blog. This site is hosted at TSHOST. We use a Google Analytics & Facebook Pixel to collect anonymous information about users’ activity on the site, for example, the number of users viewing pages on the site, to monitor and report on the effectiveness of the site and help us improve it. TSHOST requires visitors that want to post a comment to enter a name and email address. For more
information about how Google processes data, please see https://policies.google.com/privacy and for Facebook
please see https://www.facebook.com/full_data_use_policy.
Sharing your personal data
We do not and will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to others. We never disclose information about a customer to any other person or organisation without your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary. We keep payment record for 6 years due to HMRC regulations, after that time we shred these records. Facebook Pixel is automatically deleted after 28 days. Google Analytics is automatically deleted after 14 months, the minimum amount of time and then every month thereafter.Personal Data such as phone numbers & email addresses are kept on icloud and Dropbox. If I become incapacitated if I am ill or die I have instructed my executor to inform all current clients and delete all digital records. At any time you may request that changes are made to your contact details.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have certain rights with respect to your personal data as set out below.
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you.
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time. This right does not apply where we are processing information using a lawful purpose other than consent.
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [This right only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you and in either case we are processing the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [This right only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics].
- The right to be informed if your data is lost. We shall also inform the Information Commissioner’s Office in accordance with the time limits in the GDPR.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. For further details about these rights please see the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/is-my-information-being-handled-correctly/
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant
purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact us at The Buyer and Retail Coach Ltd 3 Carr Mount Off liley lane Huddersfield HD5 0pd ,Tel 07766856276
You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
END OF PRIVACY NOTICE